ads

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

Armchair BEA

Header designed by Amber of Shelf Notes, photography by Wolf_359 on Flickr.

If you're a book blogger who can't attend Book Expo America and/or the BEA Blogger Convention in New York this May, you don't have to miss all the fun - this virtual convention is the place to be!


Today's Topic: Character Chatter

It's time to give your favorite characters some love! Characters are essential to a story, and they can make or break a book for some readers. Now's your chance to shine the spotlight on your favorite characters, or maybe your least favorite. Who's your favorite couple? What are the components of a well written character? What are you favorite or least favorite cliches associated with characters?

My Thoughts

I enjoy characters that can draw a reaction from me. Love'em or hate'em - both reactions are good to me when reading a book. It is only bad when I don't care about the characters at all.

Begrudgingly, my favorite book couple right now is Jamie and Claire from OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon (romantic time-travel). I am a little miffed that the stars of the television show don't look like my Jamie and Claire - you know, the ones I pictured in my mind as I read the book. I also don't have the STARZ network so I am awaiting the DVD release with baited breath.


My favorite character right now is Blair Ames from Melanie Surani's AWAKE (edgy thriller). Blair had me looking in corners when I visited the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles last month. You can check her out in the preview of AWAKE's first chapter. Blair also has her own Twitter account.


           

ABEA Agendahttp://melsurani.tumblr.com/post/117083922100/awake-chapter-one-preview

About Mayor Sonni

Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

2 comments:

  1. I start Outlander next week! Jamie Fraser, swoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the audiobook version!

      Delete


Top