ads

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

Armchair BEA

Header designed by Amber of Shelf Notes, photography by Wolf_359 on Flickr.

If you're a book blogger who can't attend Book Expo America and/or the BEA Blogger Convention in New York this May, you don't have to miss all the fun - this virtual convention is the place to be! http://www.armchairbea.com/2015/05/abea-2015-agenda.html



Today's Topic: Visual Expressions

There are so many ways to tell stories. Whether it's comic books, graphic novels, visual novels, webcomics, etc, there are quite a lot of other mediums to tell a story. On this day, we will be talking about those books and formats that move beyond just words and use other ways to experience a story.



My Thoughts

Besides Persepolis, I haven't really read many visually based stories as an adult. Based on Marjane Satrapi's best-selling graphic novel, Peresolis is a coming-of-age story of a precocious and outspoken young Iranian girl that begins during the Islamic Revolution.




Comic books, graphic novels, visual novels, and webcomics are new and dangerous selections for me. So many books, so little time. My TBR cannot handle it!

This year I started watching a few television shows based on comics (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, The Flash, and Gotham) and decided to give visually based stories a real try. So far, so good.

I am reading NEW SPRING: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL by Richard Jordan in honor of this year's ABEA. I intended to share it on PaperBackSwap.com when I finished it. Sadly, I feel my book hoarding addiction flaring up. "None for you." LOL!

About Mayor Sonni

Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Post a Comment


Top