ads

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

Goddess Fish Promotions has organized a virtual excerpt tour for Yours Truly, 2095 by Brian Paone, a time travel romance available now from Scout Media.


http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2016/02/excerpt-tour-yours-truly-2095-by-brian.html





Yours Truly, 2095

by Brian Paone



~~~~~~~~~~~~~


GENRE: Time Travel Romance


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


BLURB:


Jeff Blue - the victim of a time-travel conspiracy - wakes up trapped in the year 2095. The only familiar face is J0, a robotic copy of the wife he left behind in 1981. But can she be trusted? J0 could be the only key to unlock Jeff's journey home, but it will require her to do something against her programming , something human.


During Jeff's perilous journey through the future, he will have to discover the truth about J0's origins, and solve the mystery behind how he wound up in 2095, in order to uncover the reality of his own destiny.


Armed with a one-way ticket to the moon, Jeff must race against the clock to seize what might be his last chance to return home to his time. A time without hover cars, Justice Computers, or TeleSkins - a time over 100 years ago.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


EXCERPT:



I hadn’t even realized that I had followed Bev out of my old room and into Susan’s. Unicorns and butterflies were painted on the walls. The bed was dressed in traditional pink and white lace. I could see a bookcase that was covered in stencils of green and purple-colored lily pads and dragonflies. On one wall was a girl’s name in pink letters.


Belle.


“Are you okay, Mr. Blue?”


I didn’t know what she was talking about at first until I felt a tear slip out of my eye and roll down my cheek. I felt goose bumps cover my arms as I shivered. I couldn’t move. Susan’s old room was a little girl’s room again.


In my mind’s eye, I could see where all Susan’s stuff used to be. I could still hear her laugh as she played with her dolls in this room. I closed my eyes. Her laughter turned into the screams that she made just as that car struck the side where she had been sitting. It was the last sound she ever made. It played over and over in my head, like the ending to a terrible movie that I couldn’t turn off.


“Do you know how old Belle is?” I asked.


Bev tilted her head with a slight suspicion and hesitated.


“I’m sorry. I lost a daughter not long ago. Seeing this room has had an emotional impact on me,” I added, wiping the tears from my eyes.


“She’s five.”


“Would it be okay if I left a flower for her?”



I took the remaining bundle of flowers out from underneath my arm. Bev bit her bottom lip just enough for me to notice as she contemplated how she was going to answer.


“I think that might be kind of—”


“Inappropriate?”


“Yes. I’m glad you said that.”


I secured the remaining flowers under my arm and followed Bev down the stairs.


“Do you have any more questions?” she asked. “I’m sorry to cut this short. I wasn’t expecting to show the property to anyone today.”


It took me a few moments to realize that she was handing me her business card. Sadly the tour of my house was coming to an end.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~


AUTHOR Bio and Links:


Brian Paone was born and raised in the Salem, Massachusetts area. An award winning author, his love of writing began through the medium of short stories at the young age of twelve. After almost 20 years of consistently writing short stories for only his friends and family to read, Brian's first full-length novel was published in 2007, and he has published two more since then. Brian is married to an Officer in the US Navy, and they have 3 children. Brian is a Police Officer for the St. Mary's GA Police Department and has been working in Law Enforcement since 2002. He is also a self-proclaimed roller coaster junkie, and his favorite color is burnt-orange.


@PaoneBrian


Links to buy:
 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~


GIVEAWAY


Brian will be awarding a $20 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour,


 
a Rafflecopter giveaway  


About Mayor Sonni

Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

6 comments:


Top