ads

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

Goddess Fish Promotions has organized a Virtual Name Before the Masses Tour for THE SECOND MAN by Emelle Gamble, a romantic suspense available now from Soul Mate Publishing. Today, I am featuring an interview with the author.

Be sure to follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found by clicking the banner.



https://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2016/09/nbtm-second-man-by-emelle-gamble.html



The Second Man
by Emelle Gamble

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GENRE: Romantic Suspense

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


BLURB:

Jill Farrell’s college reunion is coming up, but she wants no part of it. The man she once loved, Swedish exchange student Max Kallstrom, is rumored to be attending, but that doesn’t tempt her as Max disappeared from her life the night before the graduation, and has never been heard from since.

When her ex-husband, Andrew Denton, knocks on her door and announces he wants to make nice, and, “oh, by the way, one of their class alumni might be a murderer”, Jill’s resolve to avoid the event hardens.

Jill shuts Andrew’s efforts to reconnect down, and tries to put Max out of her mind.
And that’s that, until a second man knocks on her door, and the emotions of a time long ago overtakes her. Max Kallstrom tells Jill she’s the reason he has come to California. He asks her to please let him explain why she hasn’t heard from him for fifteen long years.

She’s willing to listen to what he has to say, but immediately realizes that her memories must guide her through a wrenching and dangerous few days. While her heart remembers a handsome young lover, she and her classmates are all different people now, and the reality of a murdered friend proves she can’t trust everyone.

What’s not so clear is if she should trust anyone . . . especially Max Kallstrom.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~


EXCERPT:

Was that a noise in the garage?

The sound of muted rustling did not fit the normal night sounds. She took a step closer to the garage exit opposite the front door. Slowly she leaned forward to listen, but all was quiet.

Tell me I didn’t forget to close the garage again. She visualized coming in from errands earlier, but could not remember if she had hit the button before she stepped inside.

She set her laptop and paperwork on the kitchen table, turned on the teakettle, and headed resolutely back to the foyer. I’ll open it a crack, confirm everything is closed properly, and then sit down and get to work.

She turned the knob and pushed the door open, and flipped the light switch. Her car was parked, and the garage was closed. But there was a cardboard box sitting on car’s passenger side trunk.

The top was open and several books were piled next to it.

“What the devil?” She stepped down onto the concrete and headed for the box.

“Hello, Jill,” the killer said.


She yelped and grabbed her throat.

A man rose from the crouch he was in beside the washing machine. He grabbed Jill with one hand, and aimed a gun at her head with his other. “Stand still and be quiet. I won’t hurt you unless you scream.”

Shock and bitter anger nearly brought her to her knees as she registered who he was, and what a massive betrayal he had pulled off. Furious, she slapped at the gun and twisted out of the man’s grasp, and turned to run.

Before she completely filled her lungs with air to scream, his pistol cracked against her skull and knocked her to her knees.

There was black, and then nothing.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   

AUTHOR Interview:

Who is your intended audience and why should they read your book?

I have spent the last few years writing novels about ‘ordinary women in extraordinary situations’. SECRET SISTER was about two friends whose lives were changed by a freakish paranormal happening. MOLLY HARPER deals with a woman who gave up a baby for adoption, and discovers that baby girl grew up to be an award winning actress. DATING CARY GRANT stars a career Manhattan woman, estranged from her small town mayor husband, who confronts the fact that her dreams of “Mr. Perfect” might just be unrealistic – and she learns that from an amazing secondary character who might just be a ghost…. HA! You get the picture. So my audience is women who love ordinary women who confront a huge twist in their life and come out on the other side wiser, stronger, and better for it.  Which is all of your readers!

How did you come up with the title of your book?  

Well, I originally called this book KISS ME TWICE. That title fit the romantic part of ‘romantic suspense’ very well – but when my publisher pointed out there were about a dozen other books out there with that title, we renamed it THE SECOND MAN. That title tilts toward the suspense part of the story, but also the ‘old love comes back into your life as someone quite different’ element. Up to this book I have always settled on a title first, along with the ending, so it was a bit unnerving to change it when the book was done, but hey, I’m tough.  

Who is your favorite character from your book and why?  

I love all my characters, the good ones and the bad ones, and I think it is because I try to always create characters that are multi-faceted. Don’t we all have good and not-so-good in our souls? But if pressed, I would say my heroine, Jill Farrell is my favorite in this book. She’s a fighter, and while she’s mourning her mother’s slow fade away into dementia, she doesn’t close down. She remains open to her friends, and to the love in her heart for a man she never gave up on.

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series.  The character of Professor Millard is based on my senior year English teacher. I loved her and I think she, more than any other person, believed I could write fiction, and should write fiction. Crotchety, smokey-voiced, slightly scary, and honest to a fault, I love her still. She’s been gone from this earth for 30 years, but lives on in my heart, and now in my book!

What other books are similar to your own? What makes them alike?

I wanted to examine the part memory plays in our lives – and share my feeling that it is the single defining aspect of who we are. For don’t we react to every new situation because of our memories of past ones? Robin Perini has written a great book – Forgotten Secrets - with a secondary character who suffers from Alzheimer’s, as does my heroine’s mother, as did my own dear mother.  While THE SECOND MAN is not as much a thriller as Robin’s, I think the compassion and illumination of what that disease is, and how it affects the entire family, is like what I tried to do in THE SECOND MAN.

How can we contact you or find out more about your books?  

I am an avid poster on Facebook, so please come visit and follow me at Emelle Gamble (https://www.facebook.com/Emelle.Gamble). I make it a point to reply to comments - all of them! -  because I truly love interacting with readers.

What can we expect from you in the future?

Now there’s a question I always struggle with. I do have a couple of things I am noodling around with. My next book will most likely be a female version of The Fugitive I have been working on for a few weeks. I think that storyline is perfect for a woman – on the run to save her life and prove her innocence. And of course the man chasing her is conflicted because he loves her. And of course the man she is accused of killing is her ex-husband.  Sound interesting?

Thank you all for coming and reading a little bit about THE SECOND MAN.  I’ll look forward to seeing you on Facebook – or leave me a review of the book on Amazon or Goodreads. I love nothing more than hearing what a reader thinks about a story.  



~~~~~~~~~~~~~


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Emelle Gamble became a writer at an early age. At six years old, she was bursting with the requisite childhood stories of introspection, and this itch to tell tales evolved into bad teen poetry and tortured short works that, thankfully, never saw the light of day, or an editor’s red pen.

She took her first stab at writing a novel in an adult education class in Mobile, Alabama

when her kids were in bed for the night. As ‘M.L. Gamble,’ she published several romantic suspense novels with Harlequin Intrigue. She now publishes novels of Ordinary Women in Extraordinary Situations with SoulMate Publishing and Posh Publishing …works ranging from women’s fiction to thrillers and romantic suspense.

Always intrigued by the words ‘what if’, Gamble’s books feature an ordinary woman confronted with an extraordinary situation. Emelle celebrates the adventurous spirit of readers, and hopes each will enjoy the exciting and surprising journeys her characters take.

Emelle lives in suburban Washington D.C. with her hero of thirty years, Philip, and two orange cats, Lucy and Bella. Like all good villains, the cats claim to have their reasons for misbehaving. Her children are happily launched on their own and are both contributing great things to society, their mother’s fondest wish.

Emelle welcomes any reader interested in emailing her at emellegamble@aol.com and hopes they will visit her website, www.EmelleGamble.com or her Author Emelle Gamble FaceBook page.

Emelle Gamble social media links and buy links:

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Emelle.Gamble Twitter @EmelleGamble

Amazon Author Page
http://www.amazon.com/Emelle-Gamble/e/B00DXZ2SJA

Website
http://www.emellegamble.com





~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GIVEAWAY 

Emelle Gamble will be awarding a $25 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.

a Rafflecopter giveaway >

About Mayor Sonni

Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

39 comments:

  1. Thank you Mayor Sonni of Readeropolis for hosting this tour stop. I would love to hear from readers about what they want most in a Romantic Suspense novel - accent on the mystery or the romance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the excerpt and the interview, sounds like a great read, good luck with the tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eva. It was fun writing - and frankly, a bit cathartic dealing with the Alzheimer's issue.

      Delete
  3. I liked the excerpt, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Rita. Nice to hear from you again.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing the excerpt and interview - I enjoyed reading them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victoria. It's a pretty tense book - and I loved imagining running into an ex-love...how about you?

      Delete
    2. You're welcome... not too sure I'd be happy about it but I'm sure it'd be an interesting situation if I did run into an ex :)

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading the interview
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. And thanks for the reply. Good luck in the goodie bag drawing, too.

      Delete
  6. The original title was "Kiss Me Twice."

    ReplyDelete
  7. The original title was "Kiss Me Twice."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Who is your favorite author? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks H. Dee Swan. That's one of those impossible questions...Fitzgerald? Tana French? T. Dreiser? A bunch. Who is yours?

      Delete
  9. I was fortunate enough to win a copy from Emelle a while back and I truly loved and enjoyed this book and it hit home with me because of Jill's mother having demenia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your post, Belinda. That aspect of the story was an important one for me - I lost my mom to Alzheimer's and I felt this was a way of paying homage to her. I appreciate your support very much. XXX

      Delete
  10. Great Q&A! This book looks good and I really like the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you get a chance to read it - most readers are telling me the surprise ending was a good one. XXX

      Delete
    2. Love her stories - this sounds good!

      Delete
    3. I hope you get to read it. Let me know if you figured out who the murderer is before the end.

      Delete
  11. I really enjoyed reading the entire post today. This is a new author for me so thank you for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your interest, Nikolina. Check out my author page at Amazon to visit my other books - if there is one in particular you would like to read, I'll be glad to gift you a copy.

      Delete
  12. I loved this whole post today it was so good and funny to see what the title was going to be. You are so nice .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you're a dear reader and friend. Thanks PT. XXX

      Delete
  13. Thanks, John. I've had a few men read this and they all liked the storyline - give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the excerpt. Sounds like a great book. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds fantastic! Love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a good book. I didn't know that they had college reunions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a really good book. The kind I'd like to read.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopped by to share the post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shared again. Don't eat too much tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Turkey Day! Shared on Google Plus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I spent the last few days putting up lights and decorating for Christmas. I am exhausted! Shared again today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stopped by to share your post again. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds soooo good, I definitely will be picking this one up! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you had a successful tour. Thanks again for this great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete


Top