ads

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

Silver Dagger Tours has organized a virtual book tour for Shadowchild and The Shady Corner by Matthew Williams, horror stories available now. 

Check out my interview with Matthew Williams below!


AUTHOR INTERVIEW


Do the characters all come to you at the same time or do some of them come to you as you write?

It is fair to say that all my lead characters are in my thoughts right from the start. Before the story begins, the cast is assembled. Other characters are adding throughout the writing process, some for realism, some for cohesion, and most fun of all! Some are added just for fodder lol.


What kind of research do you do before you begin writing a book?

I try and research any elements of my stories that require information or character actions to seem realistic. Google often is all that’s needed, it may be a good few hours on google, but sometimes this can be enough. With Shadowchild, the fact that police presence is pivotal and needed to be plausible, I actually have an interview with two officers from the Northampton Constabulary to ensure that my characters actions would be both realistic and believable. I was actually quite shocked at some of the things that I learned during that interview. I also had to prove that I was a genuine author too, not just someone who was planning to launch an awful attack on an unsuspecting village. I’m sure they thought I was a little crazy, but if you read Shadowchild and think about the kind of things I had to ask them you see why?

Describe yourself in 5 words or less!

Nothing without my loved ones.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I think it was very recently to be honest. After my first novel was published in 2008, and then republished in 2012, I didn’t consider myself to be a writer at all.  After I completed my second novel at the end of 2016 and finally read it back, I realised that I really can create a good story, the feedback that continues to follow since it was published in March 2017 reinforces that I am a writer. I just wish I had the time to write more. My head is bursting with new ideas lol.

How did you come up with the title of your first novel?

The work in progress title was actually just three words from the opening sentence in the book. Until the story was finished I hadn’t given the title any thought whatsoever.  But once the story was complete and the character of David Wilcox had grown into the monster that he is ‘The Shady Corner’ which was always the work in progress title seemed to fit perfectly, when you relate it to the dark corners of the mind.


Who designed your book covers?

The cover for The Shady Corner is entirely my own work, it is even my own face interlaced with that of a skull to give it a more evil look. The cover for Shadowchild was my design, but was brought to life by my publishers.

Do you see writing as a career?

I would love for writing to be my career, since finding the stories inside me, there is nothing that would please me more.


If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

I have received great feedback regarding my latest novel ‘Shadowchild’ I have also received some criticism regarding certain aspects of the book. At the time of writing it, I was extremely happy with the finished novel and I have to say that is still the case.  I am not naïve enough to believe that I can please everyone.  Just one million happy readers will do lol.


Did you learn anything during the writing of your recent book?

Absolutely, I believe that I am still learning in all aspects of life. I don’t ever want to stop learning.

If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the lead?

For ‘The Shady Corner’ I could see James McAvoy as the lead after watching him in the lead role in Split recently.


Any advice for other writers?

Listen to your critics and be patient are the main things that I’ve learned.  And I don’t know if this is true of all authors, but try not to over plan every detail. I did this with The Shady Corner and had to keep going back to rewrite whole chapters when fresh and better ideas popped up.  I do always find that my stories evolve as I write them.


Anything specific you want to tell your readers?

I write horror stories and I intend to shock and scare my readers, while hopefully giving them an original feel and a satisfying ending.

Shadowchild
by Matthew Williams
Genre: Horror


In 1629 something visited the parish of Feckenham. The events that followed were so terrifying that they never gained their place in the history books.

Now in 2008, something seems to be wrong with Marie Watson’s young children.

Her father won’t believe her and her mother is nearing the end of her tether.

Marie feels utterly alone.



But is she?










The Shady Corner
by Matthew Williams
Genre: Horror


A shady corner in life can be a dark and mysterious place, but in the shady corners of the mind, the mystery and darkness know no bounds!

In a struggle with his conscience and haunted by images of murder, David is given a choice to right the wrongs of his past.

Can he cheat fate and avoid his future? Or is the evil that dwells within him more than it seems?

Only one thing is certain . . .



Fate can be cruel, but true evil can be brutal!









Born in 1975, Matthew Williams has been a keen fan of the horror/thriller/fantasy genres for as long as he can remember. Whether it’s a film, a TV series, or a novel; he is drawn to all the different aspects of these genres. Mainly it’s the complexities and the mysteries that can be expressed with freedom and imagination that he enjoys the most.

A fan of authors such as Stephen King, James Herbert, Dean Koontz, Richard Layman – to name but a few!



A fan of TV shows such as Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, American Horror Story – to name but a few!



A fan of films such as Saw, Seven, Eden Lake, The Descent, Quarantine, Skeleton Key, The Sixth Sense – to name but a few!



Matthew now has a small body of work of his own with ‘The Shady Corner’ and ‘Shadowchild’ only the beginning of what he is determined to grow into an extensive collection of horror/thriller fiction novels.





Follow the tour HERE for exclusive excerpts, guest posts and a giveaway!







About Mayor Sonni

Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing the interview Matthew. Shadowchild sounds and looks super creepy! Best of luck with your books and the book tour. Those one million happy readers are just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete


Top