ads

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

"The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 22nd and runs through Sunday, August 28th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 17 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog." - From the Bout of Books team

Bout of Books


I am so excited to be participating in this again. I have had a STELLAR reading summer. This read-a-thon is the perfect cap to my readerfest. (My reading summer from June to August.).

I am planning on dipping my toes in the following reading pool:

  • Accused: A Rosato & Associates Novel (Rosato and Associates) (Lisa Scottoline)
  • Save the Date: The Occasional Mortifications of a Serial Wedding Guest (Jen Doll)
  • And When She Was Good (Laura Lippman)
  • The Glorious Heresies: A Novel (Lisa McInerney)
  • Some Kind of Peace (Camilla Grebe)
  • Hunting Shadows: An Inspector Ian Rutledge Mystery (Inspector Ian Rutledge Mysteries) (Charles Todd)


  • I don't think I'll be able to get to them all, but I like a varierty!


    Are you participating in this round? What are you going to read?


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~


    MONDAY, August 22

    Well, as usual, I am starting out reading things not from my list.

    I am still miffed about my experience reading Rush (The Breathless Trilogy Book 1) so I want to clear the series from my shelf.

    I am reading Fever (The Breathless Trilogy Book 2) by Maya Banks.




    TUESDAY, August 23

    I am liking Fever a lot more than Rush. Whew!


    WEDNESDAY, August 24

    Finished Fever! Tumbling into Burn. Been looking forward to hearing about Ash since book one of the trilogy.

    Burn (The Breathless Trilogy Book 3) by Maya Banks





    THURSDAY, August 25

    Still working on Burn, but feeling the need to mix it up a bit. I am going to listen to an audiobook of John Buchan's 1915 novel.

    The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan




    FRIDAY, August 26

    UGH! Didn't get any reading done today.  It Takes a Witch came in the mail today. It is one of the August reads for the First in a Series Cozy Mystery Book Club. I am gonna try and squeeze it in tomorrow.


    SATURDAY, August 26

    Finished Burn and The Thirty-Nine Steps! Now reading:

    It Takes a Witch (Wishcraft Mysteries, #1) by Heather Blake

    About Mayor Sonni

    Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
    «
    Next
    Newer Post
    »
    Previous
    Older Post

    1 comments:

    1. Bout of Books 17 was fun. I meet my reading goal. How'd you do? Looks like you found some good books! Hope you'll be back in January!
      Oh, and if you come across a new book by a first-time author, please let me know! - J
      http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com

      ReplyDelete


    Top