ads

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

Goddess Fish Promotions has organized a Virtual Book Tour for Clementina by Simon Cann, a crime thriller available now from Coombe Hill Publishing.

Be sure to follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found by clicking the banner below.

I hope you enjoy the interview.







Clementina
by Simon Cann

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GENRE: Crime Thriller

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

Leathan Wilkey has been hired to babysit Clementina, a seventeen-year-old whose rich daddy is going through a messy divorce and is over-compensating.

Leathan soon tires of her spending habits, her selfie obsession, and her social media preoccupation as his ward drags him from shop to boutique to jeweler, approaching each with the self-possession that comes from a lifetime of getting her own way and never once having to worry about money.

But when Clementina snaps her fingers and her boyfriend doesn’t come running, something is up. He doesn’t appear because he’s been murdered.

When Leathan investigates, he finds that the boyfriend has no background and met Clementina through a connection made by daddy’s business partner.

Daddy’s business partner who has been slowly and progressively putting daddy in a vice, grabbing more of the business, and who is now menacing Clementina directly to manipulate daddy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXCERPT:

I stared up at the six-foot pile of brick held together by cement, then turned to the fastidious man. “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name.”

“Vianney,” he said.

“Vianney. Is this the only way out?”

He nodded, a precise tilt of his head like a movement fashioned by a watchmaker.

“Do you know who is over the back?” I pointed over the wall.

A shake of his head, equally precise. I pulled out my phone. Vianney shook his head again—three small twists. “No signal.” He pointed back inside. “Seven paces.”

I took seven paces and got two bars. “We’re going out the back,” I said when Reece answered. “I’m not sure what’s there, but come and find us there.” Back outside, Clementina was still staring up at the sky. “Ready?” I asked.

She seemed perplexed.

“We’re going to meet the neighbors,” I said, taking her shiny bag and handing it to Vianney. “You’re going first.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked.

“We’re going over the wall—you’re going first. Give your bag to Vianney to hold.” I pointed to the large lump of leather still hanging from her shoulder. “And put this back on.” I handed her the jacket I was carrying. I was sure it wasn’t designed for rough and tumble, but I preferred it be scraped rather than her.

“Why…?” she began.

“Because it’s the only way out, and you’re going first because if I go first there’s no one to help you over the wall,” I said, predicting her range of questions. “What else did you want to do today?”

“I wanted…” she began, slipping on her jacket. “That was rhetorical, wasn’t it?”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


AUTHOR INTERVIEW:


What would we find under your bed?

Dust.
I’ve just checked—the only thing under the bed is dust.

What was the scariest moment of your life?

I’m a coward…I don’t go near scary.

Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

I wish I could!  Unfortunately, I need something close to silence or else I get distracted.
If there’s music, then I’ll listen to the music and 30 minutes later I’ll figure I should have been writing.

What is something you'd like to accomplish in your writing career next year?

I’d like to write a standalone novel (so far I’ve focused on three series: Boniface, Leathan Wilkey, and the Montbretia Armstrong novellas).

How long did it take you to write this book?

The draft took 42 days (yup, I am that guy who writes that sort of stuff down).
I outlined it over a longer period before I started writing.
Having finished writing I put the book aside for a few month and then edited it. The edit took three days and from there the book went directly to my editor.



AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Simon Cann is the author of the Boniface, Montbretia Armstrong, and Leathan Wilkey series of books.
In addition to his fiction, Simon has written a range of music-related and business-related books, and has also worked as a ghostwriter.

Before turning full-time to writing, Simon spent nearly two decades as a management consultant, where his clients included aeronautical, pharmaceutical, defense, financial services, chemical, entertainment, and broadcasting companies.

He lives in London.


B/N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/clementina-simon-cann/1123925440




~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GIVEAWAY 

One randomly chosen winner via rafflecopter will win a $50 Amazon/BN.com gift card.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About Mayor Sonni

Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

15 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, it's Simon here.

    Can I start by thanking Mayor Sonni for the kind invitation to participate in this community.

    I'm really looking forward to chatting with everyone and to hearing what you're all reading.

    I'll be here all day, so if you've got any questions, comments, or thoughts, please jump in.

    Over to you!

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. That is really quick to write the book. I sit for hours just trying to write an email to family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family emails are never quick, Petula--it takes hours to get the tone *just* right. And that's when you're only writing to say thank you for lunch.

      As for writing a book, I don't worry about whether I'm fast, slow, or just right. FOR ME, the key is to tell a great story, and as long as I've done that, I'm happy. Also, I'm a plotter, so the whole process to produce a book that is ready for my editor takes longer than the time I spend writing.

      Delete
  3. Really great post - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to thank Mayor Sonni for the invitation to participate in this community and to thank you all for your kind welcome.

    I'll be popping in at regular intervals, so if you've got any more questions then please keep asking. Alternatively, drop past my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/simoncannauthor/) and say hi.

    If you want to read more from Clementina, then hop over to Amazon: http://getbook.at/clementina Alternatively, you can download the first five chapters here: http://dl.bookfunnel.com/s1wzzajkj3

    Enjoy your reading.

    All the best

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the blog tour and thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great interview as always! I really enjoy following this tour! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm glad you're enjoying the tour :-)

      Delete
  7. Do you ever get writers block and have you found something that works for you if it happens? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A question that often comes up, Debbie! My retort is kinda harsh...

      Do I get writer's block? No. Never. Seriously, never. Why not? Because there's no such thing.

      I might write bad stuff, but I've never encountered a situation where something "blocks" me.

      That said...I'm a plotter, so when I start writing, I know exactly what I'm going to write, because I've plotted it out in advance. So if you want my #2 tip for dealing with "writer's block", it would be to plan. The #1 tip is not to believe in writer's block (since it doesn't exist).

      It also helps that I write down all my ideas. I then filter and revise before I begin the outlining process. And of course, I do have bad ideas and I do have days when I write rubbish--this is why I edit.

      But writer's block. Nope. Not here.

      Delete
  8. I can visualize Clementina (not "Clem" or "Tina," mind) so effortlessly! Applying her lip gloss and adjusting her fashionable ensemble. I'd be so curious to see how her character develops, and to see what kind of changes she might make-- if any-- as the story unfolds. Thank you for introducing me to this title and author!
    --Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got it right, Ann! Absolutely not "Clem" and blood will be shed if "Tina" passes anyone's lips. "Clemmy" for friends, but otherwise, Clementina. And I think you'll enjoy the developing dynamic between Clementina and Leathan Wilkey as the story progresses.

      Delete


Top