ads

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

Goddess Fish Promotions has organized a Virtual Excerpt Tour for Sunday's Child by Rosemary Morris, an Historical Romance available now from Books We Love Ltd.


http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2016/09/excerpt-tour-sundays-child-by-rosemary.html?zx=cd2ec8e346e7999f


Sunday’s Child
by Rosemary Morris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GENRE: Historical Romance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

Georgianne Whitley’s beloved father and brothers died in the war against Napoleon Bonaparte. While she is grieving for them, she must deal with her unpredictable mother’s sorrow, and her younger sisters’ situation caused by it.

Georgianne’s problems increase when the arrogant, wealthy but elderly Earl of Pennington, proposes marriage to her for the sole purpose of being provided with an heir. At first she is tempted by his proposal, but something is not quite right about him. She rejects him not suspecting it will lead to unwelcome repercussions.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXCERPT:

Georgianne nodded. “Yes, I know. Major Tarrant is exceptionally fortunate.” Sarah blinked. “Why are you smiling?”

Georgianne stood and crossed the room to look out of the window. “I am happy because, so far, Major Tarrant and Viscount Langley have survived the war, which has taken so many lives and affected everyone in some way or another.”


She must force herself to remain cheerful. Papa had died eighteen months ago. It was time to set grief aside, if she could only find the means.

Thankfully, there was much to look forward to. After her presentation at court, she would be sure to meet many engaging gentlemen, one of whom she might marry. In time, she could help her sisters to escape their miserable existence.

Georgianne drummed her fingers on the windowsill. Her thoughts darted hither and thither. She glanced around the parlour, inhaling the odour of potpourri and lavender-scented beeswax.

Wilfred Stanton entered the room. He stood with his back to the fire, hands clasped over his paunch. “Mrs. Stanton, my uncle, the Earl of Pennington, has arrived unexpectedly, and is resting after the rigours of his journey. Tarrant and his friend are busy with their horses. No, no, do not disturb yourself, my love. No need to bestir yourself on my uncle’s behalf.”

Cousin Stanton’s lips parted in a smile revealing yellowed teeth. “Ah, I know what you ladies are like. Have you been matchmaking? There must be a dozen or more eligible members of the fair sex amongst our neighbours who would be eager to meet Tarrant. If they knew of his visit, I daresay all of them would harbour thoughts of marrying him.”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

I write historical fiction, so I am fortunate to be only a 20 minute train journey from London, which offers so many possibilities for research about times past. So many things spark my imagination. During the last two years I took an open tour bus ride around London. Amongst the sky scrapers and modern buildings Old London can be discovered, including the street which J.K.Rowling used as a model for Diagon Alley in her Harry Potter series.

For as long as I can remember, I enjoyed studying history, reading historical non-fiction, historical fiction and its sub-genres. I enjoy novels in which the characters’ behaviour is appropriate for the era in which they lived.

The more I read the more fascinated I become, and the more aware of the gulf between historical periods and my own. Our ancestors shared the same emotions as we do, but their attitudes and way of life were different to ours. One of the most striking examples is the position of women and children in society in bygone ages.

I don’t think it is possible for a novelist to be 100% accurate about life in former ages. However, the characters in my novels are of their time, not ones dressed in costume who behave like 21st century women. Of course, it is almost impossible to completely understand our ancestors, but through extensive research I ensure my characters observe the social etiquette of their lives and times.

My previously published novels, set in the early 18th century and in the ever popular Regency era, and my previously unpublished historical fiction will be published by Books We Love as e-book editions and paper books.


PURCHASE THE BOOK



~~~~~~~~~~~~~


GIVEAWAY 

Rosemary will be awarding a $20 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About Mayor Sonni

Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. John,

      Thank you for your comment.

      Before I begin a historical novel I research the era, When I write the story I try to recreate it by showing the clothes, the food, the attitudes, the social conventions, the economics and politics through my characters.

      All of my novels, The Captain and The Countess and Tangled Love set in Queen Anne Stuart's reign, 1706-1714, and my regency novels False Pretences, Sunday's Child, Monday's Child, Tuesday's Child are available from www.amazon.com and www.amazon.co,uk.

      In each novel I have a strongly developed theme, which I hope modern readers can identify with. In Sunday's Child, the theme is what has now been identified as 'post traumatic stress syndrome'.

      Good luck with the raffle.

      All the best,
      Rosemary Morris

      www.rosemarymorris.co.uk

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. congrats on the tour and thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your book tour. Sounds like a great read! Thanks for the giveaway chance too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a book I'll enjoy reading - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete


Top