ads

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

Goddess Fish Promotions has organized a Virtual Book Tour for THE BULLS OF WAR by E.M. Thomas, a fantasy available now from Rokhish Press. I hope you enjoy my interview with the author.

Be sure to follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found by clicking the banner and at the bottom of the post.

https://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2016/10/vbt-bulls-of-war-by-em-thomas.html


The Bulls of War
by E.M. Thomas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GENRE: Fantasy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


BLURB:

As clouds of civil war gather over a dying empire, two friends and generals find themselves on opposite sides of the factional divide.  Now, they must sacrifice everything to save themselves from their realm and their realm from itself.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


EXCERPT:

Ten years, two months and this morning, Kyrus thought, blinking away drops of sweat.   Yet still… still it’s not any easier.

For the thousandth time, his hand slid to a blade’s hilt, body braced against a gust ripping through the sweltering berry thicket.  Wide eyes scanned the crush of steamy greenery all around him, ears hearing only his own short breaths and a heart that pounded like a drum.  Even as the wind petered out, his anxiety held firm, held him frozen in place.

Ten bloody years of this… a wonder I’ve any wits left about me at all.  He grunted.  Or do I have any?

He’d grayed since then, since his first days in Valogar.  Wrinkled too.  Bones ached from the constant marching, mind frayed from the perpetual fear of knowing they were out there, somewhere, always itching to add another Rokhish scalp to their belts…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


AUTHOR Interview:

Who is your intended audience and why should they read your book?

First and foremost, The Bulls of War is a fantasy novel, albeit in the yle of Gmold of A Song of Ice and Fire more than Tolkien.  In other words, I (quite inadvertently) favor the gritty steorge Martin; I find an easy way to describe The Bulls of War is calling it Game of Thrones with a Roman twist, instead of Medieval English.  Thus, if you like those types of novels, you should like Bulls.  In addition, Bulls reads very much like a historical fiction, and its world in fact draws inspiration from Ancient Rome.  The combat hearkens to that age as well, so fans of that era and genre should find much to enjoy with Bulls.


Who is your favorite character from your book and why?

I’ll start with the cliché and say I can’t pick just one, but in truth, Antinax is probably my favorite.  I thoroughly like the concept of perhaps the most dangerous person in the Empire being so physically un-intimidating, allowing his power instead to flow from his quiet, brilliant intellect.


What other books are similar to your own? What makes them alike?

As I mention above, I find Bulls to be quite similar – albeit inadvertently – to the Song of Ice of Fire series by George Martin.  I say inadvertently only because I read those books long after I’d completed my initial draft of Bulls, so it would be false to say Martin’s work inspired mine.  Nevertheless, we have similar plot tendencies, and the overall feel of our novels is less magic-based than the traditional fantasy.


How can we contact you or find out more about your books?

In short – social media and through my website.  I keep my blog routinely updated with the latest in my writing world, so be sure to check in on that early and often.  My Twitter and Facebook accounts receive parallel treatment.  Lastly, signing up to my e-mail list through my website ensures you’ll always be the first to know when something new is on the horizon.


What can we expect from you in the future?

Currently, I’m finishing up an anthology of short stories from the Andervold world in which Bulls takes place.  The stories will exist in parallel to those in Bulls, providing different perspectives to the plot.

The first full-length book to follow The Bulls of War will be Fortress of the Sun, a historical fiction about ancient Greece – specifically, the battle of Corinth in the third century B.C. Fortress takes place within a larger historical arc for which I intend to write several more volumes. A sample is available on my website, for those interested.

Bulls, of course, is only Book I of the Chronicles of the Andervold Thrones, and its sequels are fully fleshed out and ready to go.  One step at a time!


What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?

Well, an ounce of word of mouth is worth a pound of me telling you all about the book!  ☺  So to that end, it would be most beneficial if folks who enjoyed the book would leave me a quick review on Amazon saying as much.  I also love hearing from fans, so go to my website, sign up for my e-mail list, and send me a note if you please.


Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?

If you are going the self-publishing route, then I can’t stress enough how important it is to understand and embrace the marketing side of things.  If you’re like most writers, you don’t want to think about that part.  It’s boring, it’s sterile, it’s utterly uncreative.  Nevertheless, learning SEO, Amazon rankings and algorithms, advertising, etc., are all equally important – if not more so – in creating a successful book than anything else.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

E.M. Thomas is the author of two novels - an epic fantasy (The Bulls of War) and a historical fiction set in Ancient Greece (Fortress of the Sun).
E.M. Thomas was born and raised on the East Coast of the United States but is a world traveler at heart. He caught the writing bug early on and has a passion for all good fiction, but especially that of the fantasy and historical variety. One of his favorite moments thus far in his young career was writing a chapter of his latest book about the great battle of Corinth - while sitting amidst the ruins of ancient Corinth.

Links:
Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/author/emthomas


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GIVEAWAY

E.M. Thomas will be awarding a $25 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


TOUR PARTICPANTS

October 31:
Welcome to My World of Dreams
November 1: The Avid Reader
November 2: Edgar's Books
November 3: Alexandra Forry Books
November 4: The Silver Dagger Scriptorium
November 7: Book It - cancelled
November 8:
Straight from the Library
November 9: Jessica and Gracie's Tree
November 10: Kit 'N Kabookle
November 11: Fabulous and Brunette
November 14: BooksChatter
November 15: Book Lover Promo
November 16: Rogue's Angels
November 17: Readeropolis
November 18: This and That Book Blog
November 18: It's Raining Books
November 21: Reviews by Crystal
November 22: Harlie's Books
November 23: Writers and Authors
November 23: Writer Wonderland
November 25: Long and Short Reviews

About Mayor Sonni

Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the tour and thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting, I like your site design.

    One note, my webpage is emthomas.com, so please stop by and sign up for my e-mail list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post - wonderful advice :). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your interview, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds so good! I learn so much in the historical books! I cannot wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete


Top