ads

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

Check out my thoughts on RENDERED by Samantha Jacobey, book one of The Irrevocable Series (narrated by Sarah Rogers). And be sure to buy ebook copies of all three stories while they are on sale for $0.99!

*´¨)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´✶ (¸   Irrevocable Series Audio Tour

                            By Samantha Jacobey
irrevocable audio.jpg

Bailey Dewitt is on a crash course with Armageddon. Orphaned, she and her young brothers find themselves living with their renegade uncle. Part of a group of survivalists, she is terrified to discover they are preparing for the end of the world! Surrounded by strangers, she ponders if they could be right; that is mankind headed for a global disaster. In a twist of fate, Caleb becomes her dearest friend and the one person she can trust to love and protect her, but when things spiral out of control, will their bond be enough to save the entire community? Or will rival forces strip away all that they have worked for at the time they need it most…

EBOOKS ON SALE FOR .99¢
DECEMBER 5 - 11 ONLY

irrcov1.jpg
RENDERED

MY THOUGHTS

I have to admit, RENDERED got off to a slow start for me. So much so, that if it had been a paperback book, I probably would have put it down and come back to it later. The main characters seemed unlikable (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and the direction of the story was unclear (which gave me pause).

However, I ended up listening to the entire book in one sitting because Sarah Rogers, the narrator, did an excellent job with the material. 

In hindsight, I would say I approached RENDERED with the wrong reading hat. I would describe RENDERED as a coming-of-age story - where romantic suspense meets dystopian. And what I took for slowness was necessary for world building and character development.

I am not sure exactly where, but at a certain point, the random threads of the story pulled together into a nicely weaved series introduction. Overall, it was an enjoyable read and I am glad I kept listening.

RENDERED ends with an intriguing cliffhanger. It will be interesting to see what happens next with Bailey and her journey into the prepper community. 

In the end, I am still not sure where this series is headed. And that is a good thing. It's like an onion with its many layers. There are so many secrets yet to be revealed.


NOTES:

RENDERED sits in the gap between young adult and new adult. Although Bailey is sixteen and seventeen years old in the book, she has to deal with a lot of adult issues after the death of her parents. There is some adult language.

I received an audiobook copy of the book in exchange for an honest review as part of The Irrevocable Series Audio Blog Tour.


irrcov2.jpg
 RETAINED

irrcov3.jpg
RECOMBINED



samantha.jpgAnyone who knows me could tell you, I am a friendly kind of person, never met a stranger and take up conversations any where at any time. I work hard, and my mind never seems to shut down, as I wake up often in the middle of the night with ideas pouring out and demanding to be dealt with. Of course that means much of my books were written in the middle of the night.
I grew up and still live in the great state of Texas where everything is bigger, where we have warm weather and a central location. I love my state, my town, and my family, which includes my four sons, my significant other, and many friends as well.
I have thoroughly enjoyed writing the books that are currently available and hope you will enjoy reading them just as much. And of course, there will be many more stories to come.

Goodreads -https://www.goodreads.com/aut…/show/7335383.Samantha_Jacobey

wTMO hostedby.jpg

About Mayor Sonni

Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Post a Comment


Top