ads

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Style6[OneLeft]

Style6[OneRight]

color-me-dead-large-banner640


COLOR ME DEAD by Teresa Trent

The book is FREE on Amazon for the duration of the tour.
Be sure grab a copy here!


colormedeadcover

Color Me Dead (Henry Park Book 1)
Self Published (January 5, 2017)
241 Pages
E-Book ASIN: B01MQK06WP



Synopsis

Artist Gabby Wolfe has the ability to see not only the beauty of the living, but the despair of the dead. When she returns to her childhood home in Henry Park Colorado, she is forced to bring along her younger brother Mitch. He is on a “break” from college where he was majoring in wine, women and song. If that isn’t enough they also have Mitch’s rambunctious beagle Luigi along who prefers to spend his days wallowing in junk food. When Gabby draws the death of a young woman before it happens, she knows she must tell someone and risk a new job and her professional credibility. Will she reveal her secret in time to save the woman in the water or will it be too late?

Purchase Link: Amazon 

Author Interview

How did you come up with the title of your book?
Titles are tough to do, especially in the cozy mystery genre. It needs to be a play on words, and as I wrote Color Me Dead, I had a completely different working title on my files. I won’t tell you what it is because it’s a bit of a spoiler, other than it was Seeing_____.  If I tell you who Gabby is seeing, it spoils the first half of the book. I changed the title to Color Me Dead because years ago, everyone was reading the book, Color Me Beautiful and figuring out clothing and makeup color palettes based on the four seasons. With my main character deeply entrenched in the art world and solving a murder mystery, I had to go with Color Me Dead.

Who was your favorite character from the novel and why?
I actually had two, Gigi and Mitch. I talked about Gigi in another interview, so I’ll talk about Mitch in this one. Mitch is Gabby’s little brother who has partied through six years of college. He has been dumped on Gabby by their mother who doesn’t know what to do with him anymore.  The more scenes I wrote with Mitch in them, the more he started taking over. He sometimes talks first and thinks second which sets up some uncomfortable situations for the rest of the characters. Mitch is sweet, protective, a little lost and loves a puzzle. What a perfect addition to a cozy mystery.



Who was your least favorite character? What makes them less appealing to you?
That would have to be Gabby’s mother. She is very set in her ways and just isn’t listening to her adult children. There is a time when a parent must quit ruling over every move a child makes, and she hasn’t found that place yet.

Give us an interesting fun fact about your series.
I loved writing Luigi the beagle. Growing up, I had a beagle named Goliath.  He was cute but at times could be annoying! As he grew older he had a problem with flatulence and one night when our new minister visited, Goliath sat right beside him and… If you ever want to shorten a visit, put your room-clearing dog next to your guest. The man tried to keep talking, but we all knew what he was thinking. He left shortly after the first burst of bad air. It was the last time he ever visited us!  
I have yet to give Luigi that little problem, and with all the junk food he eats, you’d think it would happen, but living with one gassy beagle was quite enough for me.
The Henry Park Series takes place in a tourist town in the mountains of Colorado. I lived at the base of the Big Thompson Canyon for many years and this is my way of getting back to a beautiful place I still miss.

What can we expect from you in the future?
I have several publishing projects going on right now! I will be publishing the seventh book in my Pecan Bayou Mystery Series this spring. I was sure I would end that series, but after writing four novellas with the Pecan Bayou characters for the Happy Homicides Anthologies, I knew I wanted to keep writing these characters. I absolutely love the seventh book and can’t wait to share it with my readers.  I am also working on a third series that will take place in the Piney Woods of Texas. More on that later!

What can readers who enjoy your book do to make it more successful?
I would love it if they would leave reviews on Amazon and Goodreads! You can also share the book on your Facebook page and pin it on Pinterest through the Amazon site. Then, even simpler, if you have a friend who you think would enjoy the book, tell them about it! I am amazed and thankful every time I get a mention. Let me know about your efforts by leaving a comment on my blog or Facebook page so I can thank you.

Do you have any tips for readers or writers who are trying to get published?
Read two kinds of books. First read successful books in your genre. Look at their covers, their content, and their titles. These are all important factors that made that book successful. Also, read every book on writing you can get your hands on. There is a wonderful collection of books out there written by other writers. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel, and always recognize that whatever you do, someone else has already figured out the hard parts. Use their knowledge to strengthen your own.

How can we contact you or find out more about your books?
You can find me at any of these places.


About The Author

teresatrent
Teresa Trent lives in Houston, Texas and is an award-winning mystery writer.  She writes the Pecan Bayou Mystery Series, is a regular contributor to the Happy Homicides Anthologies. Teresa is happy to add her Henry Park Mystery Series to her publishing credits with Color Me Dead, the first book in the series. Teresa has also won awards for her work in short stories where she loves to dabble in tales that are closer to the Twilight Zone than small town cozies. When Teresa isn’t writing, she is a full-time caregiver for her son and teaches preschoolers music part-time. Her favorite things include spending time with family and friends, waiting for brownies to come out of the oven, and of course, a good mystery.

Author Links
FACEBOOK:   https://www.facebook.com/teresatrentmysterywriter
TWITTER:   https://twitter.com/ttrent_cozymys
BLOG:   https://teresatrent.wordpress.com/
WEBSITE:   http://teresatrent.com


Tour Participants

January 23 – Valerie’s Musings – REVIEW

January 23 – Books,Dreams,Life – SPOTLIGHT

January 23 – StoreyBook Reviews – REVIEW

January 23 – Readeropolis – INTERVIEW

January 24 – 3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, &, Sissy, Too! – SPOTLIGHT

January 24 – Books Direct – GUEST POST

January 24 – Community Bookstop – REVIEW

January 24 – Island Confidential – SPOTLIGHT

January 25 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT

January 25 – Cassidy’s Bookshelves – REVIEW

January 25 – Brooke Blogs – GUEST POST

January 26 – Christa Reads and Writes – REVIEW

January 26 – Laura’s Interests – REVIEW

January 26 – A Blue Million Books – INTERVIEW

January 26 – Mystery Thrillers and Romantic Suspense Reviews – SPOTLIGHT

January 27 – Cozy Up With Kathy – REVIEW, INTERVIEW

January 27 – Jersey Girl Book Reviews – REVIEW

January 27 – Turning the Pages – REVIEW


About Mayor Sonni

Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of Readeropolis. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations. Well, not necessarily in that order.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for being a part of my tour today! I'm amazed at the wonderful response I've received for Color Me Dead. Luigi the beagle says Aaaaooooh!

    ReplyDelete


Top